In case you didn’t know, Visual Arts Minnesota is about the artist. We thrive off of artists succeeding, and relate when they don’t. Why? Because we too, are artists.
The FYI Workshops came into being when we realized how often we were approached for information on art installation, grant programs, marketing ideas and soooo much more…
We realized we weren’t experts but we were connected with some… and as a collective we could present one heck ova cool workshop for artists to succeed in their endeavors.
The goals of the workshop are to get artists in the mix, up close to the experts in the arts; to help artists network and share ideas to help further their careers in the arts; to leave with a selection of tools to help the artist with their future.
This year we are bringing presenters:
- Springboard for the Arts will address unique Marketing and Crowd Source Funding
- InCommons, VAM and Forecast Public Art will be be facilitating awesome conversations revolving around art and community engagement
- Perpich Center for Arts Education and the Paramount to talk about teaching your artform in the schools
- Art-o-Mat is coming!
- Alliance of Artist Communities will discuss Live Work Spaces for artists and opportunities world wide for artists to “just create!”
- Panel Discussions will be held about Craft and Social Media
- Area Artists are going to discuss their own endeavors, like the Meyer Farm Projet
Be sure reserve your spot, because space is limited, and food will be served during specific parts of the event.
Thanks to the support of many, we have have been able to make this event FREE (but donations are accepted!)
Thank you to
St. Cloud Arts Commission for co-presenting this program
InCommons & Bush Foundation, for their support of the World Cafe & Open Space Discussions
United Arts of Central Minnesota for their general support
Central Minnesota Arts Board, for their support of this project
St. Cloud Great River Regional Library, for their BEAUTIFUL space and co-presenting of this event
Initiative Foundation, for their support of this project because it helps small business owners succeed (yes, that’s you!)